UV Disinfection Systems are an effective way to destroy super bugs in hospitals. Systems use either pulse xenon or mercury vapor lamps. Hospitals prefer xenon as it is a safe, harmless, inert gas while mercury is highly toxic if released.
UV disinfection is used in:
- Municipal water treatment systems
- Air ducts in buildings
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Food & beverage processing
- Sterile medical device packaging
- Research laboratories
- Paint curing, and a multitude of other applications
ChemTec’s flow monitors, flow meters & excess flow valves can be found in UV disinfection systems in two places: monitoring of xenon gas and monitoring the coolant/cooling liquid in closed loop system.