The ability to accurately measure liquid flow can provide a number of benefits, from increasing the efficiency of any system that incorporates liquid flow (from beer brewing to kidney dialysis) to reducing water bills, finding leaks, and determining leakage rates. Learn more about how a liquid flow monitor works and what applications can benefit from the use of these flow monitors.
How Do Liquid Flow Monitors Work?
Unlike a flow controller, which regulates flow, a flow monitor does just what its name suggests—monitors the flow of a liquid and quickly alerts the user to any unscheduled increases or decreases in flow rate. By measuring either the volume or mass of the liquid, gas, or vapor flow, a flow monitor can track even the most incremental changes, allowing the user to make the necessary adjustments. There are several different types of liquid flow monitors, including velocity flow monitors, mass flow monitors, and differential pressure flow monitors.
Key Benefits of Liquid Flow Monitors
ChemTec's catalog of adjustable liquid flow monitors has an array of benefits, including ease of use, high-quality design, and ultra-accurate flow measurements. We offer multiple adjustable and non-adjustable flow monitor series to handle flows of just about any size and nature, providing ChemTec with major flexibility when it comes to designing a flow monitoring solution that works for your needs.
Liquid Flow Monitor Products and Applications
Liquid flow monitors are generally used for applications that require precise flow rate measurements and have a constant flow rate. ChemTec offers both adjustable and non-adjustable flow monitors. The three series of non-adjustable flow monitors include:
- The FS Series, which allows for economical monitoring of both corrosive and non-corrosive liquids for laser cooling systems and heat pumps;
- The LFS Series, which also monitors the flow of corrosive and non-corrosive liquids for heat pump and cooling systems, chemical process systems, and deionized water systems; and
- The LPH Series, which monitors the flows of liquids and gases for kidney dialysis machines, micro biomedical machines, and pollution sampling equipment.
ChemTec's extensive series selection of adjustable flow monitors include:
- The FAV Series, which can handle heat pumps, cooling systems, and fire control systems;
- The CCM Series, which can monitor flows from 10 cc/m of air, ideal for metering equipment and gas chromatography;
- The LCA Series, an economical series of flow monitors that can be ideal for detecting loss of flow;
- The 500 Bypass Series, recommended for use in shipboard water systems, wet stations, and vacuum systems;
- The 125 Bypass Series is recommended for applications where the normal flow/set point ratio is 10:1 or less, like gas analyzers, cooling systems, and industrial fluid lines; and
- The 125 Series is the converse of the 125 Bypass Series, instead recommended for applications where the normal flow/set point ratio is 10:1 or greater, like wet stations and welding systems.
If you'd like to learn more about how liquid flow monitors can aid your applications, ChemTec can help. Our Research and Development team works directly with clients to design and build custom parts that can meet your unique needs. Visit our website to learn more about the products and services we offer or to get in touch with one of our developers today.