ChemTec is an engineering-driven company, and engineering is really about applying the Laws of Physics. We’re familiar with analyzing gas flow rates, accounting for expansion coefficients, and monitoring the position of suspended magnetic pistons, but optical engineering is outside of our realm. Or it was until a customer set us a challenge we couldn’t resist.
LCA Series: Custom piston and LED light
Industry: Residential or Commercial
Gas analyzers are used in many industrial processes and play an important role: they are used to verify the presence or lack of presence of a particular gas or multiple gases. For example, in metal fabrication oxygen is used during the process of smelting iron ore into steel. Oxygen (O2) removes impurities from the steel. As the third most abundant element in the universe, Oxygen is the most widely used gas consumed by all living beings and is used for industrial purposes and applications including chemical, medical, aerospace, water treatment, semiconductor, food/beverage, and pharmaceutical. On the other side of industrial processes, analyzers detect the presence of gases such as sulfur, carbon, argon, nitrogen, and hydrogen. These gases can be dangerous if present in the atmosphere during manufacturing. Detection of these gases can be crucial to the safety of the plant and personnel.
The LCA series now monitors BOTH gas and liquid! Click here for the LCA Series product info page.
- CNG Filling Stations (stainless steel unit)
- Machine Lubrications
- Process Flows
- Cooling Systems
- Water Treatment Systems
ChemTec’s excess flow valves are perfect for a variety of industries. Below are some examples.
Industry Example 1: Semiconductor Fabrication
- Installed in-line on hydrogen gas feeder lines; responsible for supplying hydrogen gas into the plant, delivering hydrogen to multiple areas within the plant.
Product Details: Ultra-high purity, electro-polished to 10 RA finish, manual reset excess flow valve with welded ¾” VCR fittings*, electric switch conduit, CE and ATEX mark. *The welded VCR fitting option is of great benefit to the customer providing easy removal and replacement for cleaning without damaging the unit.
Industry Example 2: Alternative Fuel
- Natural Gas Vehicles
- CNG Fueling Stations
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells
Industry Example 3: Hydrogen Generators
- CNG (compressed natural gas) filling stations
- Housed within NGV’s (natural gas vehicles)
- Hydrogen generators in cell phone towers
Industry Option 4: Food & Beverage
- Packaging Equipment – bursts of nitrogen are used during the sealing stage in both dry and liquid packaging processes. Used in Cap feeding; Sealing; Bottling/Kegging/Canning
- Cryogenics – used for dry goods packaging; dispensing of nitrogen for product freshness and bag sealing.
- Specialty Gas distribution lines – used to monitor the dispensing of gases (CO2 or nitrogen) for beverage grade beer & soda consumption
- Liquid Nitrogen dosing systems – for peanut packaging and wine bottling
- Liquid Filling Systems – signal flow/no flow condition of liquids and monitor the amount dispensed prevents over/under fill.
- Process Technology – CIP (clean in place) & SIP (sterilization in place) systems; UV Systems for disinfection; Recirculating chillers
- Filtration – signal flow/no flow condition and monitor liquids; monitor prevents pump burn-out; can signal notice of filter maintenance. Used in Batch processing; Brewing process; CO2 reclamation; Filling; Pasteurizing; Reverse osmosis (removing chlorine and fluorine from water before brewing process)
- Beverage Pumps – signal flow/no flow condition; monitor liquids; prevention of pump burn-out.
Industry Option 5: Marine
- Reverse Osmosis Desalination – Installed to protect pumps, monitor flow, signals flow/no-flow conditions for quality; monitors operating pressures and fresh water flush upon shutdown. Units are available in materials suitable for use on seawater such as Monel 400, to resist corrosion, and 316SS which is suitable for all potable water applications.
Industry Example 6: Gas Utilities
- Application: Natural Gas lines
- Line size: 1” diameter or less is a common line size for most residential and commercial lines (i.e. homes, apartments, townhomes, condos, restaurants, plants & factories).
- Placement: Installed in-line, between the main “T” and the home; where the line pressure is not less than 10psig.
Customized Excess Flow Valves for Any Application
The excess flow valve shown below has been customized with automatic tube welds and VCR fittings for an OEM of hydrogen gas delivery systems. Installed in an ultra-high purity application, ease of installation and removal without causing damage was of utmost importance with this design.
Below, the EFV-750-S MRS is customized with tube stubbs and flanges.
EFV-750-S MRS FP
ChemTec’s MAO Series flow meter is a reliable, accurate, economical low flow meter with a microprocessor-based conditioning circuit capable of sending a signal to computer controlled and remote controlled process equipment. The MAO Series handles all liquids & aggressive chemicals, offers all-Teflon® wetted parts, and is available in three sizes: 125, 250 and 500 Series (1/8″, 1/4″, 1/2″ ports, respectively).The MAO comes ready with three outputs (voltage, pulse and current loop) in each unit.
Municipal Water/Wastewater Treatment
Chemical processing of raw/caustic material
Portable and permanent chemical injection skids
Chemical dosing, mixing, delivery systems
Chemical feed systems
Pharmaceutical processing equipment (dosing, spraying, dispensing pharmaceutical grade material)
Beverage dispensing, mixing, processing
Special pricing for ChemTec’s MAO Series starts at $400. For application & industry specific questions or pricing & delivery inquiries, contact us.
In line, field adjustable flow monitor for liquid flow to detects loss of flow or signal no-flow conditions.
- Machine lubrication
- Process flows
- Cooling systems
- Water treatment systems
Custom LCAs & Current Applications
Application: bag handling and closing systems for pet food & agriculture
Unit: LCA-250-P (A-1095)
Customized spring & set point
Air Conditioning Industry
Application: closed loop liquid Freon
Customized porting & conduit, socket solder
Application: ozonation skids
Unit: LCA-250 (B-1090) (PVC)
Application: hydraulic fluids circuit, cruise missile deployment
Unit: LCA-375-S A-1172
Customized military style porting (MS 33649)
Application: hydraulic circuit
Unit: LCA-500-B B-952 SAE-8
Application: H2O & Glycol cooling system for lasers/recirculating chillers
Unit: LCA-500-B (B-783) & LCA-500-P (B-783)
Contact Rajen for additional application details.